Toro 48" Fixed Deck Gear Drive T-Bar (50 State) (39678)
48" Fixed Deck Gear Drive T-Bar (50 State) (39678)
Fixed Deck Gear Drive
14.5 HP Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc Engine with 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE cutting technology deck. Model shown 30698.
- 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE 7-gauge deck w/patented adjustable baffle
- Exclusive T-Bar steering controls - easy to use and reduces fatigue
- 14.5 HP Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- T-Bar Steering Controls: Exclusive Toro T-Bar steering system is easy to use and ergonomically designed to reduce operator fatigue. Great for tracking in large open spaces and also maneuvering around obstacles. All around an intuitive control system.
- Rubber Discharge Chute: High performance rubber discharge chute allows for close trimming without damaging chute or landscape structures. Patented design provides exceptional clipping dispersion.
- Exclusive TURBO FORCE Deck: High-capacity 7/10 guage TURBO FORCE deck delivers unsurpassed strength, a superior cut, and increased productivity in extreme mowing conditions. Easily handles the most demanding conditions and resists damage from impacts and abrasion.
- Smarter design in a bull-nose bumper.: 7-gauge bull-nose bumper not only protects against frontal impacts, but also contains an integral underskirt to minimize blowout of debris and dust. The bottom, leading edge of the deck is raised 1/4" (6 mm), allowing grass to stand more upright when entering the cutting chamber, ensuring a level cut. Leaf "plowing" during spring and fall clean-up also is significantly reduced.
- Patented Adjustable Baffle: Allows operator to achieve maximum cutting performance by fine-tuning deck to conquer changing conditions, unique job sites or different times of the season. In extreme conditions, the baffle can be opened in order to conserve power and achieve faster mowing speeds. In less demanding conditions, the baffle can be closed to yield micro-sized particles and maximize discharge velocity.
- Rugged Spindle Assembly: Rigorously tested to ensure that it can survive impacts that would destroy lesser spindles. The cast iron housing, with a massive 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) diameter base, absorbs impact loads and distributes them across a broader area of the robust deck shell. Built with maintenance-free sealed ball bearings.
- A Flat Crisp Cut with Precision Blades: (.250) thick precision blades resist flexing to provide a flat, crisp cut. High-strength, heat-treated alloy steel survives impacts and provides resistance to the rapid wear commonly associated with abrasive conditions. Options include Recycler® and Atomic® mulching blades, medium sail Bahai blades, and low sail sand blades.
- Extended Life Drive System: Extended life drive system with Husqvarna Peerless 700 series transmission, featuring a 9-spline drive coupler.
- Engine: 14.5 HP* Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gallons (19 L)
- Cutting Width: 48" (122 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1" to 4-1/4" in 1/8" increments (2.5 cm to 10.8 cm in 3mm increments)
- Number of Blades: 3
- Starter: Recoil
- Drive System: 5-Speed Transmission
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge: Side-discharge standard
- Air Filter: 2-Stage Air Cleaner
- Adjustable Discharge: Standard
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,500 ft/min (5,639 m/min)
- Brake System: 6" (15 cm) Band Brakes
- Caster Tires: 9" x 3.50-4" (23 cm x 9 - 10 cm)
- Deck Design: 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE
- Discharge Chute: High-performance 5/16" (8 mm) rubber
- Drive Tires: 13" x 6.50-6" (33 cm x 15.2 - 16.5 cm)
- Ground Speed: 6.2 mph (10 km/h) fwd; reverse assist
- Height: 41" (104 cm)
- Length: 72.3" (182 cm)
- Spindle Housing: Cast iron with 9-3/8" (24 cm) base
- Steering Controls: T-Bar
- Width: 49.6" (126 cm)
- Weight: 498 lbs (226 kg)
- Recycler® Mulching Kits: Recycler mulching kits deliver the industry's finest mulching performance and reduce mowing time up to 38% vs. bagging*.*Respondents in a Texas A&M University study cut their lawns 38% faster when they didn't bag.
- TRU TRAK® Sulky: Toro's patented TRU TRAK® sulky is the industry's most innovative sulky design. Large, independently pivoting foot plates greatly reduce operator fatigue while the 2-point connection eliminates jack-knifing in turns or reverse. The unit tracks "true" and straight every time. Foot pads pivot into stowed position when operating in conditions not conducive to sulky operation and for trailering convenience.
- Atomic® Mulching Blades: Atomic® mulching blades feature an aggressive "tooth" design that shreds grass and leaves into small particles. The teeth curl upward behind the blade to suspend clippings in the chamber so they are cut and re-cut until they virtually disappear. Turn your Toro Groundsmaster® into an Atomic® mulching machine!
- Soft Baggers: Cloth bag kit available for seasonal clean-up, or small debris collection jobs.
NOTES:*The gross horsepower of this engine was laboratory rated by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1940. As configured to meet safety, emission, and operating requirements, the actual engine horsepower on this class of mower will be significantly lower.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- 14.5 HP Kawasaki® FS481V
- 5-Speed Transmission
- Wheel Size
- 13 in. x 6.50-6 in. (33 cm x 15.2 - 16.5 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (19 L)
- Deck Size
- 48 in. (122 cm)
- Discharge Type
- Side-discharge standard